01 October 2006

Visual Evidence: Republicans are psychopathic

Today I found this interesting site that has a number polls and their results. In a general survey about current events and governmental policy, I found the results very startling. On almost every question the histograms provide evidence that a fair proportion of people who define themselves as Republicans are concerned primarily for themselves and do not want any social programs what-so-ever. To extrapolate is to tread on dangerous ground. So, that's why I am willing do it, just for you dear reader: Republicans are psychopathic!

Judge for yourself. A Wikipedia definition of psychopathic (I actually looked up the term sociopath, but I like psychopathic as it has more sting):

A psychopath is defined as having no concern for the feelings of others & a complete disregard for any sense of social obligation. They seem egocentric and lacking insight and any sense of responsibility or consequence. Their emotions are thought to be superficial and shallow, if they exist at all. They are considered callous, manipulative and incapable of forming lasting relationships, let alone of any kind of love. It is thought that any emotions which the true psychopath exhibits are the fruits of watching and mimicking other people's emotions. They show poor impulse control and a low tolerance for frustration and aggression. They have no empathy, remorse, anxiety or guilt in relation to their behavior. In short, they truly are devoid of conscience.
quod erat demonstrandum

2 comments:

Peridyd said...

Thanks, Greg. As a Buddhist, you know I can't draw the conclusion that a good chunk of Americans are insane--however much I'd like to. That you're willing to do it for me as a surrogate is a real relief.

Happy karma!

/me grins an oddly evil-looking grin.

Dennis

Gregory Turner-Rahman said...

I am, of course, being facetious.

And Democrats! Don't even get me started!!!