30 October 2005

Illustration Friday: Broken (and Remote)

remote-broken.jpg

(click for higher resolution image, buddy.)

Thought I'd work in both "Remote" and "Broken" as I was too busy to complete last weeks entry. I was really pleased with the way the woman turned out. I drew solely from my mind's eye as I was in a hurry (a perpetual state of being these days). My car is a bit junky but that's the point, I guess.

The rock is really funny...out of place, awkward. But a convenient place to rest, I suppose. Whatever to tell the story...

UPDATE: It is strange how seeing an image every day influences our feelings. I have gone from luke warm to completely frigid in my feelings about this image. All the corners cut, the hurrying through just to post something...I know I can do much better and will.

9 comments:

The Unknown said...

Nice combining of the two themes. I love the illo. At least she has some shade.
love

Todd DeWolf said...

This is quite well done combining both themes. The sun looks very hot and she looks unimpressed by the whole thing. Neat idea.

Anonymous said...

Know I wouldn't like that sort of broken in that sort of remote :) Great looking at it in an excellent illustration though!

Unknown said...

Nice combination of the two themes.

Ellen said...

Great job on both accounts!

Catnapping said...

good job. i like that sun and the scenery. nicely connected concepts.

Corrine said...

great work on the illustration!

Anonymous said...

Both concepts perfectly captured in this illustration:-)

carla said...

That's a good combination...I love the treatment of the broken-down car and her totally frustrated expression. I'm glad it's not me...