10 October 2005

Illustration Friday: Lost

lost.jpg

(Click on image for larger version)

This is a quicky and I don't feel done with it. I have to post because I am having trouble finding time to work on this. Mid-term week. Sigh. And the students gripe about it.

Anyway, this time round I tried to simplify my process. I was away from the scanner again (curse those faculty and committee meetings!) and didn't want the frustration of not being able to get the effects that I desired with the tablet and mouse. I feel as though each week is so divergently different from the next that I haven't a consistant style.

7 comments:

constanthing said...

Squid and the City, nice!

Cindy said...

I like this because it looks cool, and especially because who would expect to see a lost squid!

Unknown said...

Pooor squid!! Nice design!

Anonymous said...

Greg, Nice work! I like the textured highights on the solid graphics. Reminds me of 50's art. Besides, a squid! Who'da thought?

When I can't get to my scanner, sometimes I just take a digital picture of my sketch -- whatever gets it in the computer!

Gregory Turner-Rahman said...

Dennis, I have to admit that I like the challenge (and secretly the frustration as well) of trying to work all digitally. But I will take your advice. I have done that a few times before but recently have been more interested in toughing it out.

Todd DeWolf said...

I feel for squiddy. Well done!

Anonymous said...

This is really cool! I like the organic texture, perspective, and rad colors. Great job!